Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Carving Class #3 Homework

In the first lesson this week for my stamp carving class, we learned how to make a chevron stamp. Here's mine:

 The rubber is pink. It's inked with a permanent ink (I used blue StazOn) so we can test stamp it, then go back and clean it up. The ink helps to reveal the parts that need to be fixed. It's pretty neat!

Tonight I made my homework card:


(Yes, it's still washed out. No, my light tent hasn't arrived. Yes, I am still sorry.)
I stamped the chevron with Ranger Distress Antique Linen onto SU River Rock card stock. Taking a cue from my Clean & Simple class, I just left it tone-on-tone, layered it on a River Rock base, and added a sentiment. This is another one of my new irreverent sentiments from Too Much Fun stamps. I think this stamp company and I are going to become very good friends. :)

Okay, I'm off to upload this to my class gallery so the teacher can yell at me some more*. I think I've pretty much nailed this whole "rustic" thing. :D

Thanks for stopping by!


*Teacher isn't really yelling at me. She SAYS she embraces my rustic approach. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)