Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Tri-Shutter Card

One of my tweepy and bloggy pals, Cindy (aka: The Crafty Frugalista) makes these a-ma-zing tri-fold cards, and I've been wanting to try one for a long time. Since I'm still in my jammies, and haven't done much but stamp today, I used this as an excuse to give it a try. She makes it really easy by giving you detailed directions with measurements and pictures and everything.

This is not just a tri-FOLD card, although it is cut and scored exactly like the one I made earlier today if you fold it that way. But no, hers is unique in how she cuts and folds the center section, making it a tri-SHUTTER card. Here's what I just made so you can see what I'm talking about:

You probably want to go to her blog and see some of hers - like this one, or this one, or these. Here's the view of mine from the top:

 Please pardon all the s-crap laying around. My ghetto photo studio now doubles as a stamp-carving station. I told you this place was small.

Part of my problem was I had two pieces of patterned paper in the "WTH was I thinking" pile, and I decided to use them both; they were of the same family, but they didn't go with each other. Here is the card I made with the other one (not quite finished):

I lacked a coordinating patterned paper for the center panels, so I made do with white scallop squares for the sides and a rectangle for the center. I believe this one may also be a birthday card.

One of the reasons I don't scrapbook is the huge pallet. Um, I see a card with three - THREE - panels that must be addressed, and my head hurts. I do believe I shall only make these for special occasions, but I'm glad I tried it! I think YOU should, too!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Good use of those papers, they look really nice on that card. I have mad ea couple of those myself, and I agree - too much space to fill up. They are fun to do once in a while, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out. I love the papers you used. They are striking on a tri-shutter card. Bravo, my friend! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is absolutely amazing! You did a wonderful job and I totally love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, but looks soooooo time consuming!!! There is no way i would even dare....

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)