Tuesday, January 10, 2012

SOS Challenge #34 - Shiny or DillyBeans

Welcome to Challenge #34 at Shopping Our Stash! This week our prompt is All that Glitters, Sparkles or Shines, and/or use a Dilly Beans Image. So, got anything sparkly, blingy, shiny, or glittery? Now come on, I KNOW you have some bling in your stash, am I right?!?! There are sooooo many possibilities here ... gems, rhinestones, glitter paper, anything glossy - BLING IT UP, BABY!

So I took a different approach. You expected no less, right? :)  I made this:



This card is 83.7% stash - only the card base was cut new, and it's based on this sketch from Stamping 411:



I took it literally because I had two butterflies sitting on my desk that needed to be used. They were already inked and stamped and with wires, so all I did was cover them with a Versamarker and clear-emboss them. Now they shine! See:


You may need to click on the image to embiggen it to see the shine, but it's there! Oh, and the bamboo paper and layer of Soft Suede were cut from scra ... er, remnants, and the DSP is a remnant, too. It gave me a bit of a challenge, but I wrestled it into submission. You see, it was too short, so I did this:

:)

Now its your turn! Go into your stash, find something shiny or sparkly or glittery or blingy, or use a Dilly Bean image (OR BOTH!), make a card, then come over to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. ooooooh!!! shiiiiiiiiiiny! me likeeeeeeeeee! :) :) :)

    no seriously, this is FAB and i love the idea not only of going with SHINY instead of sparkly (b/c hey, it's a sympathy card) but also the fact that you took STASH butterflies already made up... and by applying the versamark and heating them you MADE THEM shiny! thus proving that we can all pretty much do that with anything in our existing stash and make them look totally new & cool & different!

    you are the EMBODIMENT of the fabulous SOS mindset, missus! plus the card is just downright ♥LOVELY♥ also!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! I love the way your creative mind works and how you twisteth the English language! I am still smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply elegant, L! Great colors and texture. You rocked the SOS challenge...again!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)