Tuesday, January 17, 2012

SOS Challenge #35 - Across The Border

It's time for another challenge at Shopping Our Stash! This week we have Across The Border, where we ask you to use any border punch or create your own border out of what you have on hand. Now how easy is that?!

I chose to use one of my MS border punches and made this card:

This is not the card I started to make. Nope. I have had a rough night. I started with a green border already punched - from my UFO drawer. I ran a scra ... remnant of ribbon through it, cut the pretty paper, then applied adhesive to the wrong side of the patterned paper. Did you know ATG adhesive is darn near permanent? I managed to peel it part-way off, then everything tore and I tossed it into the trash. Gone.

Let's just say: by the time I was done, I had used that whole piece of 12x12 paper. Not the best way to shop one's stash, eh? Sigh.

Everything here is from the stash - paper was cut into already, and now it's gone. The black pieces are actually the reverse of the paper. The green used to punch the new border was a remnant. The white was from a remnant. I also discovered I had no black buttons, so I made one from ... a remnant.

In case this sketch looks familiar, it's from Create With Connie and Mary from a week or so ago:


... and now it's out of my pile of sketches I probably won't get to. :)

Now it's your turn! Pull out some neglected (or favorite) border punches, or if you don't have any border punches you can make a border out of stuff you DO have, make a card with it, then come over to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous color combo! Love the button! I used a whole 12x12 sheet of cardstock on mine because the first time I glued the layer down even more crookedly than the final one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the sketch, LOVE that gorgeous paper, loooooove the story!!! as usual, you are the ♥QUEEN♥ of using not only stash but identifying and using UFO'S!!!! most inspiring!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well your efforts paid off with this fabulous card! Love the bold print!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)