Monday, January 2, 2012

Mornings

Tomorrow is the first day back at the office after a long weekend for most people, and for me, it's the first day back after 10 days away. I may die. So I thought I'd post just one more card tonight in honor of the occasion:


Please don't misunderstand me. I actually like my job. I'd like it even more if I didn't have to spend an hour driving each way in traffic made up of a bunch of ying-yangs, but I digress. So yes, having to go to work in the morning has made me old before my time.

I started out with the stamp set from Bugaboo (actually Stampalicious) and used this week's sketch from Karen Giron:

I used more of my (still out) Memory Box "brioche" papers, and I was very happy that I didn't add anything not on the sketch. I even used a scrap of the blue paper for the one vertical element, but then I looked at it and I got twitchy. It needed something. It needed rrrrrrrrrrrrribbon! Who was I to say no? So I added it, then I went all crazy and added a button I got at Mike's last week (it was in a bag of about 12 buttons for 49 cents, and I may or may not have gotten more than one or two or three of them. Leave me alone ...)

I shall now leave you to your blog reading and start getting mentally prepared for The Drive. Ugh.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Great job, Leslie. The card, I mean. I don't know enough about your day job. Have a nice easy commute tomorrow. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! I hope your commute goes smoothly. At least it's not snowing (is it?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my what an adorable card! Love the sentiment. I look just like in this every morning. Love the DP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so funny! I love that image and sentiment and it's exactly how I feel in the morning, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)