Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I Made A Stamp!

I'm taking an online "how to carve stamps" class:

Stamp Carving 101

and tonight I had my first pass at my homework. The first lesson was how to use the tools without drawing blood, and the first project was to carve a heart. Now you might wonder why a heart? Because it has both inside and outside points and curves, that's why! :)

Here is my first stamp:

It's not great ... too many rough edges. I like to think of it as "rustic". Yeah, that's working for me. ;/  I'll try again later in the week.

I did make a card using it though:

All from stuff on top of my desk. :D

And now that it's 8:45, I think I'll have some crackers and call it dinner. :) Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. THIS IS AWESOME!!! You can make me a stamp anytime, sweetie-head!! I love the "roughness" of it and how completely adorable it it. So perfect. SERIOUSLY!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, color me IMPRESSED! I agree with Lisa - the roughness of it is what makes it so adorable! I {heart} hearts, and this one could come and live at my house, for reals! Makes a pretty fabulous card, too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!!!!! Well done, love the effect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dunno, it looks rough, but stamps quite nicely, i think! remember, people pay good money for "distressed" which in my eyes means "rough around the edges" :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)