Saturday, January 14, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays - Scallops

Another from my pile of challenges is this week's CAS-ual Fridays - Scallops! Let's just say I backed into this one. I was playing and futzing and hacking paper into smaller and smaller pieces, and this card is what came out:

I started by cutting the THANKS from a piece of ... you guessed it: the upcoming SU SAB papers. Why does it take me an hour to cut paper into smaller and smaller pieces and end up with something completely NOT what I set out to make?

I call this CAS only because it's not a fussy card. Just because a card is CAS, don't think it doesn't take just as long - or longer - to make. Just sayin'.

In the end, I backed into another entry for two challenges. The scallops are for the aforementioned CAS-ual Fridays scallop challenge, and once again I have dots and stripes, so I'll enter this over at the Simon Says Stamp blog, too.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. CAS usually takes me longer than fussy cards. I like what you did with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about CAS cards...they can be a challenge! Love these papers and use of white space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super adorable. Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Friday!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you qualified your CAS statement. So many people think CAS is a 5 minute card. LOL! I wish :) Great job with the scallop challenge! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)