Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WOTT & WOYWW - 01/24/2012

Yes, kids, it's time for another reveal of the state of my crafty desk. It's not pretty, but I'm always willing to take one for the team.

Here she is (taken Tuesday night):

 Compared to other posts I've done, there really is a HUGE crafty space there. Let's do those numbers!

(From left to right)
1. Some panels I've embossed using a new set of embossing folders. I embossed 4, 3 are left.
2. Ribbon. Yes, it's still out. I used a piece on Monday's card.
3. A spool of unopened ribbon that I can't bear to part with. I just KNOW I'll use it. Also, a few paper flowers that I KNOW I'll find the right card to use them on. Also some wire I'm playing with.
4. The bandanna is still out. Don't even ask me how many months it's been there. It's a great home for miscellaneous brads and bling I find.
5. A Post-it-note holder I made a while ago. It just sits there, mocking me. I have no idea what to do with it.
6. A balloon punch I used on #10.
7. Ink, adhesives, etc. This stuff lives here.
8. Blue flock. I used it on a card I'll post on Friday.
9. An almost-empty spool of PTI twine. Once it's gone I'll break out my 200 yards of twine I bought to use once the PTI stuff was gone. A well-stocked pantry is very important.
10. A card I made that I can't decide if I hate or not, so you haven't seen it yet.
11. A piece of a kit I bought ... ooooh ... when did Rubber Chicken close? 5 years ago? Anyway, it's a double tri-fold thingie, and I haven't used it yet. It's there to remind me it's there.
12. A card part that I also think I detest. I'm too stubborn to toss it and move on.
13. A whole package of quilling papers. I'm playing. Some of my handiwork is on #12.
14. My quilling tool and a glue pen. And other stuff, I'm sure.
15. Parts left of this card when I realized all of the pieces wouldn't fit.
16. Parts from a second one of these that hasn't been made yet. And may never be.

Well, I hope I've made you feel better about YOUR workspace. I know some of you look upon this desk in horror, but I find it quite inspiring. I am never at a loss of something on which to work, which is how I like it. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

PS: I'm linking this to WOTT and WOYWW.

11 comments:

  1. Love the desk dissection! Those cards that you're not sure of... Why not spiff 'em up and send them to Operation Write Home? They'll find a loving home for them.*smile*
    Thanks for visiting WOTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the numbers and the explanations! You must have an Engineers mind, lol!

    Hugs
    Brenda 99

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun love the desk by numbers, have a great week, Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous post,made me smile! Have a happy WOYWW and a busy creative week
    hugs
    Enfys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Love how you've got it all worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I really liked how you numbered things to explain what they were. My desk is tidy now, but when it is in its usual state it is like your desk, with pieces of that left over from this and that and random things that seem to just live there. It's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the desk by numbers, a great post :)

    Have a great WOYWW, Luv Karen #80

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fab desk so much stuff on there great idea with numbering things :)

    Becky no 56 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderfully inspiring desk full of crafty goodies, hope you lovely week hugs Lou E #82

    ReplyDelete
  10. Howdy and Happy New Year!

    I'm back at WOYWW after being MIA since November.

    Your well used desk is spectacular! you've inspired me to do more!

    Would love for you to stop by my blog when you have a moment or 2.

    Peace,
    LuLu
    http://lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com/2012/01/woyww-01252012-happy-new-year-image.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I understand, I have a couple things on my desk, made because I could, and now frankly, they just gather dust!! I don't have a bandana on my desk, but I'm very glad you do, it cheers me!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)