Monday, January 2, 2012

MFT Sketch 52

I've managed to squeeze in last week's MFT sketch! Whoot! Here's the sketch:


By now most of you know I can't leave things alone, so I turned the sketch on its ear and used it like this:

to make this card:

By now you also know I go for the extra credit wherever I can. You have a shot at an MFT gift certificate if you win the random drawing, and it's a larger dollar amount if you've used MFT stamps, so I did. Not only that, I went the extra mile and used MFT packaging for the stamped images. See:

:)  I also stamped the moon image on there in Versamark, heat-embossed it with clear EP and cut it out. The pretty papers are Memory Box "brioche", the ribbon is retired SU organza, the oval die is a Nestie, and the hearts are from my stash. Oh, and the red layer is SU Poppy Parade.

But wait, there's more! I had turned the sketch sideways so I could use that pretty piece of paper with the tree, but then I realized I'd largely covered it up. I thunk and I thunk, and I decided to flip the turned-90-degree sketch over, and I got this:

and I made another card with the same papers:


I like this one a lot better! And in case you're wondering, I used a patterned vellum for the pink banner element and the organza ribbon for the horizontal element because I didn't want to cover up that pretty paper!

That's it! Thanks for stopping by!

PS: I just now noticed the one rounded corner in the sketch. :(

3 comments:

  1. Great work. All that "thunking" sure paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's have thunk to use the packaging? Good job! I would like to do more sketches and I do like the MFT ones. I have some of their dies but not the stamps....yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this card! I love the sentiment and might just have to go buy it now. I say this all the time.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)