Sunday, January 8, 2012

Something Completely Different

I'm still in challenge mode, and this time I went in a vintage-y direction with the latest Deconstructing Jen sketch:

I'm also still in a "use the new stuff so you can put it away" mode, so I grabbed my Basic Grey "little black dress" 6x6 paper pack and made this:

I was totally driven by the paper here, and I used all sorts of stash. The lace is some Hero Arts lace I got about a year ago, and I've used the last full piece. The pearls in the center of the rolled flowers are from my old SU Pretties kit. The rub-on was a last-minute addition to fill the empty in the center - it's a Bo Bunny rub-on, and I had to open the package to use it. The butterfly is punched with an MS punch, and if I were a better photographer, you'd see its only stuck on in the center and the wings are raised up.

I'm pretty happy with how the rolled flowers turned out! :) This is going into a package I'm mailing, so I don't even need to worry about it getting all flattened in transit. yee-hah!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the paper and embellishments you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty! I really like the monochrome look! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I will quote you. SQUEEEEEEEE! Make this among my top favorite Leslie cards. Elegant, gorgeous, and stunning. Wowza.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH HOW I ♥♥♥LOVE♥♥♥ THIS!!!! first of all, i love that sketch and am dying to click out and see if i still have time to use it for the challenge. if not, i'll just use it later... already saved it to my "inspo" file WITH this glorious card! yum, yum, YUMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)