Thursday, October 8, 2015

A Different Kind of Coloring

At last weekend's crafty retreat, I did a lot of Copic coloring. I don't usually color that many cards, but then I rarely make that many cards in one sitting.

I took a break and instead of Copic coloring, I colored some embossing paste and made this:


I taped a new-to-me stencil to a card front, then used Distress ink in three different colors to color some embossing paste. I kinda like how it turned out.  After it dried, all I added were the sentiment and a black enamel dot.

I still have a couple more cards from last weekend to share.  As soon as I unpack, I may even make some more. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used: The Alley Way Stamps: More Than Words, Color Box Starburst stencil, Distress inks (Cracked Pistachio, peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire), embossing paste.

7 comments:

  1. I kinda like how it turned out, too. ;) Shaded embossing paste is still on my to-try list, if only life would slow down a bit. Great CAS card with beautiful shading and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out great. Nice mix of colors. Looks like I may need to try that too. Enabler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out great. Love the ombre look. CAS and beautiful, just my kind of card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally cottoned on that this way is easier than trying to mix colour INTO the paste...that just results in gooey sadness. Love that starburst!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so CASlicious, Leslie! The colors are MWAH! Well done, pastey you!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this one, the ombre feel of your embossed area is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That embossing paste is so smooth and cool looking. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)