Sunday, October 18, 2015

Two More Holiday Grumplings

I felt the need to play with my Holiday Grumplings stamps, and two cards happened. Here's the first one:


I used some muted papers from MME, hoping the critters and sentiments wouldn't get lost in the background. I still felt I needed to add a circle behind the critter, the better to see him.

I colored him with Copics, and he came out a bit too grey. I went over him with my 0 marker in an attempt to lighten him (I was not starting over), and finally just decided he's made of dirty snow, or he lives in the shadows.

I also flocked the top of his hat and the snow.

Here's the second card:


The bell is covered with clear Wink of Stella. He's still not very happy.

I love these guys. I'm so happy stamp companies are coming out with more irreverent stamps. It makes it so much easier to add to my collection.

Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used: MME Signature Christmas 6x6 paper, SSS stitched circles, Taylored Expressions Holiday Grumplings stamps and dies, HA Brown Bark ink, Wink of Stella clear, SU 2-way glue pen, SU Whisper White flock.

7 comments:

  1. Leslie your cards always put a smile on my face and these two are not exception. I love them both. I don't think your snowman looks like he is made of dirty snow, he looks great to me. I think the circle on both cards was a fantastic idea. Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmmmmm grumpy and holidays??!! Now that's a stamp set that I NEEEEEEEEED

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them both. And with the chill in the air today they really hit home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your cards, especially ones with grumplings and snarky sentiments. (BTW, now I'll need to get this stamp set - thanks for the heads up. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these grumpie guys! Great cards with great vintage papers. Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and these grumplings were made for each other! Although I will say the snowman looks just like me when faced with cold snowy weather. These are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)