Sunday, October 25, 2015

Let It Snow

The new challenge at Jingle Belles is a sketch:


I kindof took a few liberties with the sketch by turning it sideways, then flipping it over (I actually hung it backwards on my desk lamp):



and made this:


I almost entitled this post "More is More", as I'm not sure what else I could have piled onto this card. I was hoping I owned a tiny critter on skis, but sadly I do not.

The birch trees are a Savvy Dies die from many years ago and almost never sees the light of day. The sentiment is from a CAS-ual Fridays set (I think), as it is unlabeled. I used three Distress Ink blues for the sky and two yellows for the moon.

I cut the blue panel into three parts using my Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders dies. I was originally going to pop up the left and right panels, but in the end, I stayed with them all flat. You can barely see the cuts:


There they are in the handsome red circles.

I know there are probably a bazillion different ways to follow this sketch with less work than you see here. That stamping without a net (oooh, that acronym would be SWAN) can get complicated.

The sentiment was stamped in Memento Luxe Black and clear-embossed.

Once it was all put together, I thought it needed snow to go with the sentiment, so I added some Pearlescent Embossing Paste through my Simon Says Stamp Falling Snow stencil. I used the bottom part of the stencil to make it less busy.

I'm off to link up to the challenge. Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used: Savvy Dies Birch Trees, CAS-Fridays stamps (I think), vat of clear embossing powder, Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders dies, SSS Fog card stock (birch trees), Memento Luxe black ink, Distress Ink (Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Chipped Sapphire, Salty Ocean, Broken China), Pearlescent embossing paste, SSS Falling Snow stencil.

6 comments:

  1. I pretty much SWAN every time I'm in my studio ... I love your clever sketch interpretation because everything is better with white trees ... so very glad you got sketchy with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWAN, heehee. That's an awesome birch tree die, other than perhaps a little short? (Apologies if it was a conscious design decision.) Beautiful background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your more is more card and it doesn't feel MORE-ish. I like all the Schtuff you did to it... lots of schtuff, techniques 'n the like. Very cool and great job on that SWAN but um... are we supposed to have a net????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a fresh and fabulous take on that sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great interpretation of that sketch! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwww mannnnnnn! i'm gonna have to stamp more (or... some... lol) so i can SWAN! b/c i already WAN all the time! for the record, i am totally, utterly, swooningly ♥IN LOVE♥ with this: as a card, generally, as a use of products, and ESPECIALLY as a totally brilliant take on stephanie's sketch. holy flippin' moly, if i may be so bold! :) thanks for joining our sketchy JINGLE BELLES fun this fortnight! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)