Saturday, October 31, 2015

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Guest Gig

My third entry to the recent Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge to make a b00b-related card won me a guest gig. Whoot!

This fortnight's challenge is to use cat images, with optional snark.



I have a vast cat image collection, so this was actually a tough choice for me. I decided to go through my older images and show one of them some love. Plus, most of my snark is in the form of wooden stamps (I've been collecting snark for a loooong time), so the cats and snark live in the same neighborhood.

Here's my card:


I thought I was being quite clever with the sentiment, since I successfully masked it and stamped it in two parts. I only forgot to remove the inky mask once. But I think it would look better without that busy background paper. I also added the strip of orange & green at the bottom to make it even busier. (In real life, the green in the paper matches the Sage Shadow layer.) I am not in love with this card.

So I made another one:


I went overboard in the other direction, and I think he's a bit boring. The cat here is stamped on a piece of Authentique paper and has a vintage-y pattern to it. I did this so I didn't have to color him. I also covered his shades with Glossy Accents. And I do believe in that sentiment.

So, two cards I don't love, but they both have cute cats and snark, so it was a good day. :)

Thanks, again, to the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for selecting my b00b card. It's an honor to play with such snarky women.

And make sure to stop by the Snarky Stampers blog and play along!

Thanks for stopping by!

Edited to add: The Cat Lover's Blog Hop has been extended through the weekend, so I'm entering one of my cards.



Some of the stuff I used: "Get a Cat" sentiment from River City Rubber Works, "Gag" sentiment from Viva Las Vegas Stamps, mad-looking cat from Penny Black (1999), Shades Cat from Eureka Stamps, paper from Basic Grey Max & Whiskers.

Note: No, I don't shop at all these stores. My LSS back in VA had the best collection of stamps I've ever seen in one place. I would go in, stop just inside the door, pick up a basket for my goodies, and work my way around the store. I almost always found new snark. I miss them so.

19 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are adorable, love the sentiments you used.
    It's so hard when a favorite craft space closes or you move away....:(((

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats and snark go so well together! Thanks for coming back to the sisterhood and being our Queen and Guest Designer for the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the kitty images and the snark....I got my morning giggles in. Is the store in VA still open? Name? I might have to make a pilgrimage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, these are fabulous! What a fun birthday sentiment on the grumpy cat card! I like the cool cat too - and that's also a fab sentiment! I'm visiting from the Cat Lovers Hop! Your snarky kitty challenge looks like a lot of fun and is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both cards. LOVE the snark. I have an aunt who always buys everyone the snarkiest birthday card she can find. Well, she's 78 now and so she gets one from us every year now, too. It's great fun & she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, the sentiment on your first card is hilarious!!! That cranky kitty image couldn't be more perfect paired with this message either and I think your background papers look wonderful with your design and I wouldn't change a thing! Hee hee....the expression on your second kitty is the ultimate in cool catitude! So glad you joined in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first one creation is amazing and love the sentiment, made me giggle! Love the cool shades on the another one with a beautiful layering! I love that cat print backing paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hee hee.. how grumpy that first kitty looks... I love it! The sentiment is fabulously matched!
    Cool cat in the second one.. love the sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cute and funny cards, Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on a much deserved GDT spot, and you've done the job proud with these super cards! I know we are always our own harshest critics, but whatever you think of them, I love them!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think that sunglasses cat is boring. Purrfect sentiment with him though. Thnaks for being a great guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic cards! I like both of them even the one with the cute cat patterned paper. Both cards have awesome sentiments and adorable cats. I'm visiting from the Cat Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love BOTH these cards! I can so relate to the snarky kitties AND no loving a card, so making another!! :) Christi
    Art without Anxiety {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cats and snark just go together. No wonder we both have one. ;) You may not *love* your cards, but they are both very fine — snarky, fun, and much too true. So glad you are playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahahaha - excellent !! These two are brilliant and I just LUV your snarky sentiments :-D

    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, my.....these cards are fantastic!!! So funny and clever. I totally adore that funny grumpy cat image on the hairball card. Love the shades on the get a cat card.
    Thanks so much for joining us by linking up at the Cat Lovers Hop!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    Tuesday is the last day to comment for great prizes on the Cat Lovers Hop at HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these cards - great sentiments and images!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)