Friday, October 9, 2015

Birthday cards, Redux

When I posted these two birthday cards the other day, one of my faithful readers (hi, Cat!) wondered what they'd look like with colored card stock fronts instead of white. Today I made two. Here's the first one:


I do think I like it better than all that white. The sentiment got lost in the background, so I added an off-set layer of black for contrast.

Note: The Quickie Glue pen isn't the best adhesive for these die-cuts. It's easy to apply, but the stick isn't as good while you're working with it.

The card seemed boring, so I added clear Wink of Stella to the word and then drowned it in Glossy Accents:



That was SU Bermuda Bay, and this one is SU Poppy Parade (I think - it's feral card stock in my drawer):


and the detail:


Sorry about the blinding gold balloon.

I'm not sure which I like better:


I think they both have their merits, but now I'm leaning towards the colored panel..

Thanks, Cat, for the suggestion. I've used a few more inches of that SU DSP. :D

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. There is definitely a lot to be said for the colour card fronts. And Glossy Accents with Wink of Stella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color. That's a good design for a variety of occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great birthday card with the confetti. They are both fun looking cards, but I am leaning toward the colored panel also. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie, I am so glad you tried this. They look exactly as I had imagined they could. Fabulous, gorgeous, and nicely done !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the colored panel is more festive, but both are more than passable. I like your layered and accented words.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)