Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Happy Bird-day

I love doing challenges. They make me step outside of my comfort zone. They also make me use stuff I forgot I had. Today I resurrected a stamp from Stampotique and I played their challenge: Birds & Bees.

Here's my card, then I'll explain:

I might have gone overboard with the coloring, but at least I'm using my Copics*. I even used purple.

The sentiments are from an MFT set called Contempo Cage. I like the font!

The birds are grounded with a tiny strip of black washi tape. I like taking a strip of tape, sticking it to my paper trimmer, and hacking off just a tiny strip. This tape has a white swirl in it, and I managed (dumb luck) to get a bit of it in my skinny strip.

I wanted to sponge clouds as a background on the top part, but I resisted. I think there's enough going on with those fun birds.

Thanks for stopping by!

*I used my Copic Hex Chart from Sandy Allnock. It's amazing which colors from different color group actually coordinate. The chart is worth every penny.

Some of the stuff I used: Stampotique Stack of Birds, washi tape, Copics (0, R22, R08, R37, W1, W3, RV52, V12, V17, YG11, YG41, G14, BG11, BG23, BG15, YR07, YR15, E95, Y04, Y08, Y38, B000), MFT Contempo Cage, Black glaze pen.

10 comments:

  1. Love your card, the bird stamps are wonderful and the colouring finishes it off perfectly.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tweet tweet! Your coloring looks great. Ditto on the hex chart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, great coloring. Ya, I love that hex chart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, you made me smile with it's simplicity.
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring is fabulous, I love this! Thanks so much for joining us over at Stampotique this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the birds on your card ...... Thank you for joining us at the stampotique designers challenge
    Jackie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha great! Love the "tweet tweet" :)
    Thank you for joining us at the Stampotique Challenge :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have used one of my favourite quote stamps on this. I adore it.
    Thank you for joining us at the Stampotique challenge. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you're right, clouds might have taken away from your amazing colouring and fun design.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)