Friday, October 2, 2015

Gettin' Crafty

This weekend I'm at a crafty retreat, and I have big plans. I have several specific cards I want to make (one is already done!). After that, my goal is to use as much of the "it's new, so USE it already" basket I brought along.

Also, I am not a colorer, but I've colored for my first three cards. So I've changed my claim to say I'll color an image, but I won't do a coloring book.

Here is the first card I made:


I love this Paper Smooches set. I die-cut three or four of them, colored one, then stacked them up. The white background was making me itch, so I used an embossing folder that sortof looks like a trellis. Subtle, but it helps me deal with the white.

My second card took me forever, but I love it, even if it is cute.



The design was totally inspired by another card I saw while blurfing, but she only used the first two images. I thought if the second guy was looking over his shoulder, there should be a reason, so I added the mouse that's playing in the leaves while his buddies are working.

My sponging sponge is AWOL, so I used a paper towel to sponge on the clouds and grass.  The texture from the paper towel is fun!

I have 1 1/2 more cards done, and I'll share them later. Hopefully I'll have many more to share over the weekend.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Please ask me if you have questions. Inlinkz is having a hissy fit this morning. :(

5 comments:

  1. Love the extra layer of grass, and I agree I want to see why hes got his head turned around. You're on a roll lets see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to try this PS stamp your way... I always want to use lots of colours on the blossoms, but yours looks so much better. I may not use orange. The trellis background is perfect for this. Your second card is squee! cute, you know! You may be more of a cute cardmaker than you are willing to admit. ;) Love the colouring and again the handmade sky. (You remembered the birds!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring looks good to me. No coloring books in my stash either. No way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are going to start a new trend with that paper towel texture! Both are great cards. I got the trellis/flower link right away on the Paper Smooches card. Yeah, sometimes I'm smart even though I'm a girl. The mice are cute too, but whoa... not your usual style. Are you turning over a new leaf? Or just jumping into a pile of them?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to comment again that I've been seeing these mice everywhere now. You are so trendy!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)