Saturday, October 10, 2015

Happy Birthday Frame

When I first saw the new Happy Birthday frame at Simon Says Stamp, I knew I'd probably never use the Boy or Girl die-cuts. I thought maybe I could stamp or die-cut the word happy inside the frame and make it work. So I bought the dies.

Here is a card I made with it last weekend:


I used some more of the SU DSP I used here, which was a bonus. My challenge was finding a happy die that would work. It needed to be small and not scripty. I finally settled on this one from my now-opened Sizzix set of word dies. They are very strange, and not meant to be stand-alone words (or I'm missing something), so much trimming and GAHing occurred. Because of that, there is only one layer of the happy.

I honestly don't recall where the little flower bits came from (from whence they came), but there they were, so I colored them with my gold Wink of Stella. The balloon was colored with Copics, popped up on foam tape, and I added a piece of twine which is strategically glued down on the black part of the frame. Gotta love that Matte Medium - the parts of the glue that squished out don't show.

My next task is to find a different happy that won't make me crazy to use.

Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used: SSS Birthday Frame die, Sizzix Thinlits by Stephanie Barnard, Avery Elle Balloon dies, Gold Wink of Stella, and SU DSP.

3 comments:

  1. Dont know the sizing of your photo frame...but here are some options http://www.ellenhutson.com/wplus9-design-studio-dies-happy-trio/

    I do like the idea of a stamp too in place of a die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you chose to make the frame black... really pops! That's my dilemma with word dies... they can be so persnickety to use sometimes! The end result makes it look worthwhile! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great frame. It really pops in black. That happy doesn't' quite do it for this card. Fun 'fetti paper!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)