Saturday, October 10, 2015

Merry Christmouse

The current brief for Jingle Belles is to use (gah) pink somewhere on your project.



So I gritted my teeth and made this:


I might be a little proud of myself since this Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses paper is pretty ancient. It does have pink in it, though.

Speaking of ancient, I flocked the mouse's hat:


I think I've had that SU flocking since 2002 or 2003.

Isn't that mouse stinkin' cute? I don't know what's come over me lately with all these cute images.

I followed the current MFT sketch:


(I turned it 90 degrees.)  I may try the sketch again later and actually use an MFT image. ;/

Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used: SSS/LF Stamptember Merry Christmouse collaboration set, Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses 6x6 paper pack, SU white flocking, SU 2-way glue pen (best way to make that flocking stick that I've found), SSS Stitched Rectangles, LF Stitched Hillside Borders.

9 comments:

  1. adorable, and you are getting used to pink...admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rocked the pink. Your rodent looks good with that fluffy hat. I think I still have some of that Basic Grey paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. for someone who hates "THAT COLOR"... you always seem to sooooo totally rock it, missus! & you've done it again!!! those eskimo kisses tapes are soooo fab... trying to figure out how i never saw those at the time and snapped them up! and yes that mousie is verrrrry cute indeed! do you like you're loving the little animal stamps more b/c you are such a fab COLORER now??!?!? :) :) :) thanks for celebrating & helping promote the (GAH) pink christmas with us at JINGLE BELLES for a great cause! ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. We know it's painful for you ... but we're always grateful when you grit your teeth and embrace the PINK ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You used pink! But in a perfectly classy way. That mouse really is cute. Where'd Leslie go anyway? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That mouse is really cute! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute! This weekend I already pulled out my ancient Eskimo Kisses papers for more inspiration for this challenge. I seem to be doing that every year for the JB Pink Christmas challenge lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cutest thing, great sentiment and darling critter! Love that you made this for such a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's funny about the ancient flock. Last night we talked about things that were the rage and are dead now or rarely used. We didn't think of flock. Anyway, cute card, love the greeting. One would not look at this card and yell PINK! Well, maybe you since you have such an aversion to it. It doesn't feel pink though.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)