Friday, October 2, 2015

A Little Birdie Told Me

Day two of my crafty weekend, and I've made another card:


I recently caved and purchased two stamp sets from The Alley Way Stamps. I just love their birds!

I decided to follow a no-longer-current CAS(E) This Sketch! challenge sketch:


I wanted to use this cute, tall bird, so I masked an area for the sentiment and stamped him so I didn't stamp his feet onto the card panel. Then I masked the stamped bird with a piece of Post-It, inked up his legs, and stamped them below the masked area.

To cover the gap I used a piece of SU washi paper I bought earlier this year and have never used. It's in my USE IT ALREADY pile of supplies I brought with me. *so proud*

I actually waited until this point to color the bird. Quite radical, non? :)

I stamped the sentiment onto a remnant of white card stock and mounted it with foam tape on the washi tape. I declared the color of the washi tape to be Pool, so I mounted the panel onto a Pool card.

I finished it off with some black glaze pen to make his pupils larger.

I'm going back in for more while I still have ideas.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Stamps by The Alley Way Stamps,  washi paper by SU

7 comments:

  1. Love that tall bird, fab card Ms. L~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun bird! Great colouring him, you radical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those long legs are perfect. The give him attitude. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that bird and the clean and simple look

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that bird and the clean and simple look

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, I love that bird stamp (i know i know i know, me who is not a fan of birds IRL, I do like their stamped images!!)
    SU has washi paper???

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is way cool! So the bird was that tall to begin with then? I thought you stretched him out on some bird friendly rack or something. I also thought with legs like that he ain't no little birdie. He'd be peeking over the fence at people.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)