Tuesday, October 27, 2015

SOS #225: Go Paperless

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week's theme is Go Paperless, and we'd like you to not use any patterned paper. This is a great opportunity to either stamp your own background, or water color a background, or paint a background, or emboss a background, or leave it nekkid!

I chose to play with making a plaid panel, and this is what came out of that effort:


The plaid was made using two stamp sets and four ink colors (three blue-greens plus black). I have two long acrylic blocks, and a few stamp sets with stripes. I put two stamps on one block, one on each side, and far enough apart so they didn't interfere with each other when I stamped. The second block got stamp #3, which was a backward-mounted stamp so I could use the back of it for a wider, non-patterned stripe.

I stamped each color twice - once horizontally and once vertically, then changed colors and stamps, and repeated the process until the panel was full. When I was done with the greens, I used a Lawn Fawn image that has a dashed line down the middle and solid lines down the sides to stamp over the green pattern in both directions.

So I had a plaid panel, big whoop. Now what could I do with it? I dug through my print-outs of challenges and found this one from Match the Sketch:


I only used one circle where they have two half-circles (wait, two halves equal one whole, so I'm good, right? :)) I used one of my Party Grumplings in my circle. Sad story: I played around until I figured out how to mask his party hat so it wouldn't stamp, then I drew in the top of his head. As I put away my stamps, I noticed my other set of Grumplings has the image without the party hat. DOH!

The sentiment is from my collection of irreverence. I know it's not politically correct these days to tell someone to effectively "snap out of it", especially with the plethora of discussions about depression and mental illness. But I have the stamp, and I used it with a Grumpling. I may not use it again, though.

Note: the schmears on the letters are part of the stamp. It took me forever to figure that out way back when I first acquired the stamp. Usually it is me schmearing things.

I'm kindof happy how the plaid turned out, even if it's a little crooked. I have a reputation to uphold, you know.

So, I think you should play along with us this week over at SOS. :) And please make sure to stop by the SOS blog to check out the fabulous creations by the rest of the DT.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Neat & Tangled On The Strip 2, sentiment from River City Rubber Works, Copics (0, RV11, C0, C1, C3, C5), and the following:



10 comments:

  1. That plaid is awesome and I LOVE LOVE LOVE those grumpy little critters lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome plaid, fabulous card, love the sentiement. I have the stamps to make plaid it's an old SU set used maybe once. couldn't get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie, I love, Love, LOVE your plaid! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The plaid is awesome! And nary a shade of pink in sight. Drives me nuts when a sentiment is pre-distressed or has extra schtuff, at least till I realize it's it, not me. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ROCKED that plaid....it looks fabulous. I've tried plaid building it is an exercise in futility for me so I am just in awe of your talented card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only WISH I could duplicate that fabulous plaid design! It looks perfect with this grumpy character, and I just LOVE that sentiment! It's hilarious and anyone with an in-tact sense of humor will agree with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome plaid stamping. Those grumpy stamps are hilarious! Thanks for letting us know the smudgies are on the stamp, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh how i ♥LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE♥ that plaid! yowza!!!!!!!! (& yeah, two 1/2 circles TOTALLY equal one whole one, lol!!!!!!!) this is fab! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's it. I'm getting the Grumplings. Your hand made plaid looks amazing. I would have stamped the sentiment at least 4 times before realizing it's meant to be messy. LOL! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still giggle every time I see this card. Thanks for the sarcastic cheer!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)