Saturday, October 17, 2015

Merry Kissmoose

I've been seeing an awful lot of moose cards this week, and since one of my newly-unlost A Muse images is a moose, well, I simply had to play.

The moose challenge is the Merry Monday Christmas challenge blog:


Here's my card, then I'll explain:


So. much. patterned. paper. It's like a trip in the way-back machine for me. But I opened and used a new MME paper pack that's pretty colors, Christmas-themed, and it has shiny gold in some of the papers. The gold you see at the bottom of the vertical strip of paper is shiny; you just can't tell from my crack photography skills.

The moose is from A Muse, and it was living in the same box as my no-longer-lost witch stamp. The box has been returned to its proper home in my Holiday Stuff drawer.

I followed the current Crazy 4 Challenges sketch:


which I turned on its ear:



The moose's antlers are flocked, because that's what I do with moose antlers:


Flock looks really hairy up close, doesn't it?

About that red ribbon. Many, many, MANY moons ago, a fellow stamper used this moose stamp and he had a red scarf around is neck. I needed to own the stamp, and I bought it. I think this may be the first time I've actually inked it up! But I was thinking about her red scarf, and I spied some stickers I brought home from my recent crafty weekend, so I used the red-ish one here.

The sentiment is from an old, old old, CHF set by Kim Hughes.

I'm also entering this card in the current Less Is More challenge to make a masculine card. I think a moose is pretty masculine, don't you?

Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used: CHF Christmas Critters stamp set, A Muse Moose, MME Christmas on Market Street 6x6 paper, SSS Stitched circle dies, SU 2-way glue pen, SU brown flock.

8 comments:

  1. Love your kissmas moose! Those papers are lovely, great shades of green. And the flock looks fab, so effective.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the flocked antlers. Pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cool that you flocked the antlers. Love the moose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute moose and beautifully coloured too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card, love those flocked antlers!
    And the sentiment is great too!
    Thank you for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute and fun card for guys!
    thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you're evolving/devolving into a cute cardmaker! Or at least I think this merry moose is darn cute. And pretty papers to boot. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)