Monday, October 26, 2015

More (gah) Pink

I do believe there are forces in the universe that are pushing me towards the dark side, also known as a world in which (gah) pink is easily accepted. THIS IS NOT MY WORLD! *ahem*

Please allow me to share Exhibit A:


This was in a parking garage this morning. The place was parked up to the roof, which is why you can see sky. They tortured me with having to remember I was on the Pink level. ;/

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.

This afternoon I decided to play a difficult color challenge from Color Throwdown. Difficult, because one of the colors is (gah) pink:


I spent hours making my three cards (sob story to follow), and when I went to link up just now, the collection was closed. I missed it by an hour. Sigh.

So I'll only need to do one blog post since I'm not linking up all of these cards to the same challenge. I'm grateful for the little things.

May I present my first card:


This is the third attempt. I first tried using the negative of the die-cut to line it up, but it ended up as a sticky mess. I suppose I should have used a piece of double-sided adhesive, but that would have required clear thinking.

In the end, I lined it up manually. I DID! *so proud*

The card follows the sketch from Less Is More:


I knew I wanted to use part of that Graphic Twist die, but I didn't plan on it taking me hours to get one right.

Since I had to cut the die so many times, in different colors, I took advantage of all the parts-is-parts and made two more cards.

Here is one of them:


This is the whole die-cut shape. And no, I didn't magically get it all straight. I used the negative of the die-cut to line things up and mark the spots, then I removed the negative and glued the pieces down. Thus I maintained my crooked status.

Dang. I just noticed I applied my top colored strips wrong. #FAIL *weeps softly*

I also made a black one, because I could:


I was consistent in applying the top strips in the wrong order.

I like the contrast here, but I don't like that I'm a bird-brain. See that Happy Birthday? I'd originally stamped it directly onto the card front. Even used my MISTI to get it straight. Then, like an idiot, I clear-embossed it instead of using white. DOH!

I was not starting over! So I white-embossed the sentiment on a small piece of black and stuck it over the clear one. Sigh.

I may never use this die again. You may see it for sale real soon.

I need wine.

Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used: PBS sentiment from Viva Las Vegas Stamps, card stock remnants, SU 2-way Glue Pen, and the following:



8 comments:

  1. I'm worried. You park on the pink level and then choose to make THREE cards for a pink colour challenge. Are you okay? Forget selling the die... sell your pink supplies! Even if you do make fun, retro-looking cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the magical world of pink. Would you like something frilly to go with your pink??? I think all of your cards are fabulous and don't look wrong. Only you know the strips are in the wrong order. The rest of us are in too much in awe over your end results. Now settle down and have some of this fabby pink KoolAid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did magical things with that die....its so seventies I keep expecting to see platform heels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it was sure worth the effort - all fab!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a really stylish, graphic die and what a gorgeous bunch of cards you created with it - at least it is a strong pink lol!
    Thank you for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Cas-tastic, awesome, retro and totally striking.
    thanks so much for playing along this week!
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous set of cards!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I did have a chuckle reading your post, I'm glad I'm not the only one that makes errors when making cards. That said, I love this little collection of cards, that die looks so effective.
    Sorry for the late visit!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)