Tuesday, October 20, 2015

SOS #224: Caffeine Fix

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week's theme is Caffeine Fix, and we're to use coffee- or tea-themed supplies.

Here's my card, then I'll explain:


I know most people don't remove the lids of their cups when they're empty. I probably should have just put the whole image sideways and not bothered to cut off the tops. Oh, well.

The cup is an old A Muse image back from the days before they took their business private. I really do miss being able to buy individual A Muse stamps at my LSS.

This layout, including the strip of color (part of a Gelli plate piece from a few weeks ago) was based on the current Stamplorations challenges, which are to stamp and use your favorite color combination:


and a sketch:


My favorite colors (as of this moment) are blue & green, which is why I grabbed that Gelli plate piece.

I also used one of my many irreverent coffee sentiments. It's been a while, so I'm happy we had this challenge.

So, do you have a cache of coffee or tea stamps or ephemera? Why not play along with us this week at SOS?

Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used: A Muse To Go Cup, Copics (0, E42, E43, E47).

9 comments:

  1. these are awesome & of course you're UNBEATABLE in terms of sentiment stamps!!!!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch and I totally remove the lids from my cups...then I shove them inside the cup before I recycle or chuck it in the trash :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no coffee or tea themed stamps...hmmm and I enjoy both beverages...guess I need to shop. LOL. I love that sentiment, and I like the lids off, though I might have put them upside down kinda like the drinker pulled it off and gulped that coffee down fast. Glad you are getting through your gelli plate panels, they are so full of lovely color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sed: "I really do miss being able to buy individual A Muse stamps at my LSS."
    AMEN!
    I also miss having a LSS.

    Anyway, great card and I looked at these lids off like you drank it, tossed it over your shoulder and the lid fell off. Yep, stupid things faster! I'm all about that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely stupid things faster! And I always take the lids off like Donna does, lol. Plus this makes it look like they needed every last drop before chucking the cup and grabbing the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Princess Judy has a good point... just having a LSS would be nice!
    This is great! I think having the lids off makes your point that they're already empty. We own the same sentiment stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally got it that those first two cups were gulped down and tossed quickly to get to the next cup. I agree that you have the BEST sentiment stamps ever! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! This is so funny and such a clever way to use the STAMPlorations sketch. This is the sole reason why I drink coffee: to do stupid things faster.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha ha! Love your fun take on this sketch. Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)