Thursday, October 15, 2015

I Pick You

I wanted to use my MFT Harvest Mouse set again, and I thought I'd try using the current MFT Wednesday sketch challenge:


I futzed with my die-cut pieces and the layout for a while, and I ended up turning it on its ear:


I was also working from memory, so the layout might be a little bit off. Here's my card:


I wanted to use this guy and the basket of apples, to make it look like he'd selected a special apple from the basket. I also decided I was tired of coloring, so I paper-pieced his sweater. Doing that made me also paper piece his tiny paw so it wasn't green.

The white rectangle was a UFO next to my die-cut machine, and I thought it worked well to off-set the image from the busy background paper.

To anchor the sentiment, I used a teeny tiny Hero Arts button from a package I found while re-arranging things on my shelves. I love it when I can actually use stuff I've had forever. The sticker on this package of buttons is from a LSS (an LSS?) that no longer exists, so they're maybe eight years old? *so proud*

Oh, and in case you can't tell, that skinny strip of washi tape stands in as the banner element in the sketch. I just didn't feel I could put it over the circle in my version.

Now that I look at this, I like that the pattern in the green paper looks like a cable-knit sweater. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used: SU 2-way glue pen, washi tape, Copics (0, W0, W1, W3, RV11, R22, R24, R29, E71, E74, E35, E41, E53), Hero Art Tiny buttons.



4 comments:

  1. You have great paper piecing skills...that cutting would drive me nuts...and those small hands. Wow. Nicely done. Such a cute image. Perfect for the sketch and the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cute little sweater you paper pieced on your mouse! Adorable card! Thank you for playing along with the MFT Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! The paper is busy but perfect for the little mouse and his basket of apples. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)