Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Catered Crop FTR #12

Second post tonight - I KNOW! One of my bloggy pals, Libby, has been doing the Catered Crop challenges, and I've only gone as far as adding the blog to my Google Reader and thinking about them. Tonight she finally convinced me to play along, and I was game, especially since this was our inspiration piece for FTR #12:

Nautical? Me? Not usually, but in a Good Demo moment I bought all the new nautical stuff from the Summer Mini, and I saw this as a way to break into it and maybe even come up with a card for my June Stamp Camps. And it worked! I just made this:

The way this works is you FTR - Follow The Recipe, and you can pick as many or as few elements from the list. TOO EASY! Here's the list of ingredients:

  • Colors – brown, blue, red
  • Stamps and Stickers – nautical, light house, sentiment
  • Color Mediums – stamp ink, Copic markers
  • Embellishments – twine/hemp rope, charm
  • Tools – die cuts, air brush system
  • Techniques – make a scene or use a creative fold. Grace has wonderful instructions on how to make this "Center Step Card" here.
  • Theme – masculine, Father's Day

I used (without knowing it ... I did have to go back and double check ... shhh, don't tell them):
  • Colors – brown, blue, red
  • Stamps and Stickers – nautical
  • Color Mediums – stamp ink
  • Embellishments – twine/hemp rope
  • Techniques – make a scene or use a creative fold.
  • Theme – masculine
Yes, I am very proud.

Because I chose to cut out my sail boat (Sail Away - SU) and pop it up, I cut off all the birds, but you know me - I just drew them back in! The DSP is from the the new Nautical Expedition pack from the Summer Mini, the baker's twine is also from the mini, and the clouds are from the cupcake punch. I opted for no sentiment, because this way the card can be for any occasion, and I like that. :)

This was fun! And now I have one card for my June Stamp Camps! Yay, me! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love this! LOVE!!! It's so gorgeous!!! Yay, so excited you played along - AND made such a gorgeous card to boot. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Libby said. What a great card! thanks for the wonderful shout out to our little challenge, and thanks so much for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both gorgeous! Yay for you and happy stamp campers :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)