Friday, May 20, 2011

Hambo Customer Blog Hop

Welcome to the next stop on the Hambo Customer Blog Hop! If you came here from Heather's blog, please keep on reading. Otherwise, you might want to start at the beginning over at the Talk To The Ham blog. Why? Because a prize will be awarded randomly to a hopper who comments on all the blogs along the way. The winner will be announced on the Hoedown blog, as well as on the Hambo company blog, Talk to the Ham, on Wednesday, May 25, so remember to leave comments so you are eligible for the hopper prize! (And who doesn't love comments on their blog posts, am I right?:))

Okay, as you probably know by now, the theme for this hop is "Hamming It Up At the Movies". We're supposed to make a card inspired by a movie title. Well guess what? My mind was in a weirder-than-normal place, and I was inspired to make not one, but THREE cards based on different movie titles.

Let's get started!

My first card:


I had this idea I'd make a grail (and I did, hand-drawn onto some SU wood) and have a Hambo image "swimming" in it. Can you believe I own NOT ONE Hambo pig image?!?!?! I was going for the major suck-up points by using a pig in this grail, but sadly it was not to be, so I used the Lion digital image. I did add some "jewels" to the drinking vessel, because after all, it is a holy grail, right? Did you notice how I slightly modified the lion image? I, um, removed his hands and tail to "pose" him in the grail. I hope that mangling of the image doesn't totally disqualify me. ;/

And I'm really sorry, but that python just had to be there. By the way, his name is Monty, if you hadn't figured that out by now.

Moving on ... here is my second card:


Um, yeah. As I was desperately looking through my Hambo images for the elusive pig, I re-discovered this pelican digital image. PELICAN BRIEF --> a pelican IN briefs. heh heh Too easy.

And my third and final card:


Confused? Watch this:

Went With The Wind



Classic. Go ahead and watch it again if you'd like. I'll wait.

Okay, (gosh, but I miss the Carol Burnett show) NOW does that card make sense? I thought so. :)

Here 's a little detail on those drapes:


Nothing fancy, and unfortunately they are not green velvet (how cool would that have been?!?!). The curtain rod is a toothpick that I belatedly tried to color with a Copic. I fan-folded the paper, punched a hole in each fold, carefully threaded it onto the toothpick, and glued a bead onto the end to hold it in place. Also, I'd really like you to notice the lion now has chest hair.

That's all I have, and I'm sure it's quite enough for you. Now please head on over to Hannah's blog for your next stop on the Hambo Customer Blog Hop!

And thanks for stopping by!

33 comments:

  1. These are the funniest cards EVER! I caught the Carol Brunett joke immediately. Classic! And Monty Python & the Holy Grail...love that movie. I didn't get Pelican Brief at first...hilarious :)

    Thanks for the giggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore your over the top VERY Punny cards! Thought the Pelican Brief was my fave, until I scrolled down and saw the drapes! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pelican IN Briefs--LOL ROFL ROFL and cute stripey ones too. Got your Carol burnett reference right away and I miss her so much too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so funny! I love the last one. That clip is one of my fave memories of her show! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cards! I love the Pellican!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO SO creative! LOVE the Carol Burnett card as that is one of the funniest skits ever. We just did that as part of a gala at my community theatre. Talk about a HEAVY costume! hahaha

    Fantastic job on all of your creations! So glad you joined us today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laughing so hard I almost spilled my coffee! "Pelican In Briefs" had me chuckling and I was lol'in by the time I saw your "Gone With the Wind" drapes! Fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL these are fun cards! You have a great sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL these are fun cards! You have a great sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL these are fun cards! You have a great sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so funny! I'm giggling still! Those drapes are just perfect! I really love the Pelican in Briefs too! Way to catch the Hambo spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, too funny! These are all great but my favorite is the Gone with The Wind. Thanks for those memories... CB that skit was hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK I am still lmao over these cards! I have to show my DH the Grail one. Love the pelican brief But OH the drapes. I so remember that episode. I miss Carol B shows! You went over the top on these!
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Boy! You had me laughing! Very fun cards

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol! Great depection of the movies! I love that Carol Burnett clip! Makes me LOL every time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahahaha these are AWESOME!! I love seeing how they came to life after our brainstorming session, LOL! Oh my gosh the Pelican in Briefs CRACKS ME UP!!!! hahahaha You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ROFLMBO!! How FUNNY you are Leslie! Though you don't get the suck-up points for the pig, you DO get them for three hilarious cards! I thought the pelican was my favorite (wish I'd have thought of that!) and then I saw the drapes and got that reference immediately! SO SO funny! Thanks so much for giving me a good belly laugh today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What funny cards!! I love Pelican in Briefs! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your cards. You are so funny in a TWISTED kind of way - just the way I like my humor!!! LOL

    I didn't get the Gone with the Wind card until I saw the Carol Burnett reference. I didn't even have to watch the video because that was one of the funniest skits EVER on Carol Burnett, and I remembered it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was one of my favorite scenes from the Carol's show. That was when there was really good TV in the evening..... and the laughs were real laughs not "canned".
    Love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pelican in Briefs....Hee, hee. That's great. Love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, my...what FUN!!!! Each card is fabulous, but I really got the giggles with the Pelican in Briefs! :) And that Carol Burnett skit is just as funny today as it was back then!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute cards! I love your drapes idea!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG!! These cards had me laughing out loud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG!! That was just too funny. I loved the Carol Burnette show. Love your cards. I lol when I saw the Pellican briefs and then when I watched the video I was rolling on the floor with the Gone with the Wind card. (No not really) But I was lmao. thanks for sharing. Still chuckling.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are so cute! Love that curtain.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh so funny! I remember that Carol Burnett skit and I know I laughed my head off! Super cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for the giggles. These are wonderful! (Yes, I miss Carol too.)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your amazing humor shines through on all your cards! I love the drapes you made - so ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  30. fun cards!
    Pelican in Briefs, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. VERY fun cards! I miss The Carol Burnett Show, too. I loved it when they made each other laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are one wacky lady...and that is a HUGE compliment! I love your creations! the Pelican in Briefs made me laugh out loud and scare my cat sitting quietly nearby! The Gone with the Wind reference is one of my favorite scenes from the Carol Burnett series! FAB Job!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)