Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sketchy Sunday {TG017} - only 1 week late

Yeah, I'm a full week behind now, and I don't see things getting better any time soon, as my markets start this Saturday, so I'm back to one-day weekends. I know, I know. I LOVE the markets, but I did like having that extra day all Winter to do some of these cool challenges. Hey, maybe I'll get my act together and find time during the week. HA! I crack myself up.

Here is LAST week's Sketchy Sunday challenge over on Tiff's blog:

And my take on it, which I also call "it seemed like a good idea at the time":

Now let me explain... Sometimes my ideas come in complete cards, and sometimes they come in fragments. This card is the result of a fragment, and I'm not so sure it worked. It started with an idea to make that SU flower out of First Edition papers. That's all I had, people. The whole idea stopped there.

For a background paper, I thought I'd rummage through my bag of papers from my last trip to the LSS, and I found that piece of Graphic 45 and thought: Kraft + black. So I inked the edges of the flower with Crumb Cake ink and matted a piece of the Graphic 45 paper on black.

Then I decided it needed some yummy black satin ribbon, and I did a two-sided approach to the wavy ribbon thing I showed you last night on my quilt card. Here's what I did:

See how it left a nice flat area to receive the flower? :) I found an old old old antique-y brad in my drawer and used it for the center of the flower. I like.

But then when I put that finished piece onto the Kraft card base, it was boooooring. THAT is when the Washi tape came out and I added a few strips of it to the card base.

I left off the sentiment because Tiff said we could change up the sketch if we wanted to, and I wanted to.

That's it. I might make a couple more of these since I've already cut up the paper. Then maybe I'll think about this week's sketch. ;/

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I like this very much, Leslie! our ribbon treatment, flower and the crumb cake patterned paper are PERFECT together.

    Have fun at market :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)