Monday, May 2, 2011

A Quilt Card

I have seen several "quilt" patterns in the Blogosphere the past few weeks, and I just knew I had to give them a try. Here's one I finally finished tonight:

Once I got the math right (grrrr) it was easy. I was going to look up the actual math formula to dazzle you, but it sounded like work, so you have been spared. Most quilters already know this math, and the rest of you will just want me to tell you how to do it. Not tonight. I've been waking up at 5 am for 4 days now, and I'm too tired. And anyway, I didn't take pictures.

Check out that ribbon at the bottom:

It's called "wavy ribbon" and you can see how to do it here in Mary Dawn's most-excellent video.

In other news, I acquired weights for my tent this evening. I went to the big box hardware store to buy bags of sand and buckets to hold them, when I discovered they only had 50-lb bags of sand, which I know I can't lift. Not more than once, anyway. They didn't have 25-lb bags, so I pouted. I finally asked a guy where else I might find sand, and then I spied CINDER BLOCKS! OMG, SO SMART! I got 4 of the skinny more-solid ones and I spent only $4.50. WHOOT! I WIN! :)

Okay, I must go find something crafty to do. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. love the quilt card!! maybei'll attempt to recreaye for m-day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Leslie....hmmm where have I seen this before?
    Love the ribbon treatment too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best quilt card I have seen in blogland! Love how you embedded the design with a texture embossing folder.
    Yes, the ribbon did arrive -thank you very much! No I have not cut into much of it yet! Maybe one color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! That wavy ribbon is wonderful - adds such a nice finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Thanks for the link to the video. Going there now :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)