Monday, May 23, 2011

Pencil Lines Sketch 239

One of my bloggy pals (exactly which one escapes me at the moment) uses the Pencil Lines sketches to make cards. Now, that's a scrapbook page layout (at 12x12) that has to fit on a card (not 12x12). Needless to say, it's a LOT of STUFF to fit on an A2 card. By now you know I have issues with the size of a canvas, and, well, I don't know what came over me, but I thought I'd give it a try.

Here is the latest sketch:

Um, can you say "busy"? Yeah. This is what I made this evening:

It's 5 1/4" square, and it may be the one thing least like my usual fare that I have ever made. I kinda like it, actually. :) It all started when I spied a pack of paper flowers I purchased in an "OMG I must own those" moment when I was at Mike's buying other things I didn't need. The flowers are pink and red and brown and yellow and blue, so I went in search of paper that had those colors and found that wavy-line piece in my not-touched-yet-heck-not-even-put-away-yet stash. Then I spent about 4 hours constructing the rest of the parts-is-parts.

Because it's 1/4 the size of a scrapbook page, I took some liberties on the number of elements I added, though I did include a fluffy paper flower I bought online in a weak moment (MS stickers), so there, I've opened and used that packet of cra ... er, embellishments. I stuck pretty close to the sketch, otherwise, until I added that line of ribbon, also purchased in a weak moment, and some pearls to balance it all out.

I can see why people make only one of cards like this. I have parts for another one (it's habit, I can't stop), and I'll probably construct it, too, but no more.

Okay, back to your regular programming. Over and out.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. very pretty...but I agree. I don't know how people make such fussy cards. They are pretty but A LOT of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card! Thanks for playing along with the sketch! It's great to see card makers here too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)