Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Sympathy Card

Today, sadly, I needed a sympathy card for a co-worker, so I did what I usually do: I trolled for ideas. I figured out I have half the Blogosphere in my Google Reader (fast approaching that magic 1000+ unread posts milestone ...) so I just searched there for "sympathy", and found this one. Loved it! Pretty, yet still somber.

I tried to CASE it, I really did. And I just about had a 100% steal of the card front when I spotted the dreaded SU logo thingie on one corner of the DSP. DRAT! So I added some photo corners and got this version:


I also used some pearls under the sentiment instead of a bow.

This is an A2 - 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 - and maybe not big enough, even though I didn't put anything on the inside. So I made another one:

This one is 5x7, and the changes in the layout were totally driven by the size of that piece of DSP. I opted to cut a double-scallop edge with my nifty new MFT die, and I tied some retired Baja Breeze satin ribbon over the gap between the papers.

I think it works. Too bad it's for such a sad occasion. :(

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I think it works, too. The colors are very soft and soothing. Sympathy cards are never easy but I think this one is very appropriate for such a sad occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything about it is stunning! Whose stamp is that??

    That logo on the DSP makes me crazy.

    I'm sorry about your co-worker :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful CASE, L! What a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning CASE, Leslie. Absolutely perfect. I am so sorry that you HAD to make a Sympathy card. :( But the card is beautiful, you do amazing work, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)