Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Graduation Cards

The other day one of my peeps mentioned she was seeking ideas for a graduation card, and since I have half the Blogosphere in my Google Reader list, I did a quick search for her. Seeing as it's graduation season again, it wouldn't hurt me to get some ideas, too. I sent her a few links, but this one from Jackie Topa's site stuck in my brain because I thought it would be a great way to use some paper from the Heaplet. (She has a couple of other super graduation cards, too, if you want to be impressed. I chose the simpler one on purpose. ;/)

Last night I looked through my stash for a "congratulations" stamp, and I found three. Being indecisive, I used all three, and stamped 10 images total. You'll see them in a sec. My whine du jour is those freakin' mortar boards. Okay, not the mortar boards themselves, since those are just punched squares, but the tassels - ugh. I made 10 tassels and killed almost a whole pack of the SU white baker's twine, and I hated intensely disliked them. I needed a Plan B.

I went back to my standby mortar board image from the SU Tassel Time set, stamped it with Versamark ink onto black card stock, and embossed it with gold. Then I cut out all the tassels. No, I did NOT want to just use those caps - I just wanted the stoopid tassels.

Here is what one of the finished caps looks like:


So starting with these with these parts-is-parts:


... I set to work, rummaging through the Heaplet until I came up with 10 pieces of remnants I could use, and I made 10 graduation cards. Here is one of them:

Whoa, is that out of focus or am I really tired? *squints* Sorry about that.

Here is another one of the sentiments on the same patterned paper:

That one is from my new Paper Smooches sentiments sets. I really like it!

Here's another SU sentiment:

But out of all of them, I think I like this combination of sentiment style + paper the best:

I'll bag and tag these later this week for Saturday's market. Oh, the diplomas are just rolled-up pieced of printer paper tied with a piece of SU red & white baker's twine.

In other news, I keep forgetting to tell you I'll be participating in a blog hop on Friday for Hambo Stamps! It's a hop for both their DT (The Bacon Bits - HAHAHA!) and customers. I got in just under the wire. I had a ton of fun making my card, and that's all I'm going to say. :) So make sure to stop by on Friday to check out what everyone did!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Nice! I like it... I particularly like the little scroll and the embossed tassels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you knocking out the grad cards. I've got requests for some at the coffee shop, but I have yet to make any :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap! Love these graduation cards! But, ummm, wow...they look like a ton of work! All those mortarboards & teeny scrolls? Ack! More power to ya! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)