Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hambo Hoedown #16 - Chip on Your Shoulder

This week's Hambo Hoedown challenge is to use this image (Sumo - digi by Hambo Stamps):


and incorporate chipboard into our project. Well, you know me ... I had these cards made, edited (yes, I do edit them ... leave me alone) and ready to post when I re-read the challenge. I'd forgotten to use chipboard! DOH! But more about that in a second. Here are my cards - two sentiments, two cards, no decisions:

In this first one, I made a few poor choices. One, I used a too-dark color on his skin. I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be pasty-white. Yep, pretty sure. I guess he's been cheating and getting out in the sun when he should be practicing and working out.

Speaking of cheating, let's go back to the subject of chipboard. See those black circles? Well, they are the result of me rummaging in my "why did I buy this stuff I don't care if it was a Good Demo moment?!?!?" section of chipboard and found a strip of 1/4" circles. Sweet. I punched out 12 and colored them (and two fingers on my left hand) with an N7 Copic marker. They soaked it up nicely. I put two sets of 3 onto each card. I call it "cheating" since I did this after-the-fact and not as part of my design. I hope I'm not shunned.

That other poor choice would be the papers. I discovered a new, unopened package of Basic Grey Olivia 12x12 pack I got at the LSS for 1/2 off. Pink? Really? Don't know what I was thinking.

Here is my second card:

Better color choice for the skin, but more pink? I dunno.

So there you have it - two Sumo cards. Come on over and play!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. HAHHA! Okay now this Sumo is pretty funny. :D I may not have personally put him on pink, but with the sentiment it somehow totally works. And it's very FUNNY! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, he is fabulous, thanks for playing with Hambo Stamps! JOY DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cards! The sentiment made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love reading your posts as they just make me giggle! I love both the cards -- I know how you love pink (haha) but I think they both look great! And tan Sumo looks terrific too -- he likes the beach!! (Really, I don't think he is too dark at all!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards turned out really great -- even with pink! ;) -- but the pasty white sumo is my favorite! Great job & thanks for playing in the Hoedown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who said REAL men don't wear pink! LOL I love both of them....I agree with Monica...the pasty white one is especially fun! Maybe because I am that pasty white and I have an affinity with him???? anyway, thanks for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)