Sunday, May 29, 2011

Jingle Belles Rock #22 - Three Kings

This week's challenge at Jingle Belles Rock is to use three or more different patterned papers on our card. Pretty paper - I haz some. In fact, I have two packs of Basic Grey holiday papers on top of my Heap O'Six-by-six paper pads.

I went in search of a sketch, and decided on this one from Pencil Lines:

and this is what came out:

I adore the images in Kim Hughes' holiday stamp set from the (sadly) now closed Cornish Heritage Farms. These papers are from the BG eskimo kisses pack, and I am slowly using up the stray pieces before I cut into another full 6x6 sheet. Yes, very proud.

The poinsettia is from a pack of Hero Arts poinsettia parts I got last year, and the ribbon is from a roll I got many years ago. It just always seems to come out when I make a card with a long-necked critter.

I made a second card using the same sketch, but with the BG jovial papers:

I had that deer stamped on vanilla, cut with an oval like the first one, and layered on a black oval, but it covered up the pretty layer, so I opted to de-oval them and just fussy-cut the deer instead. It disappeared into the background, so I fussy-cut a black layer form the "shadow" so you could see it.

This is a great, albeit modified, sketch for using up smaller pieces of coordinating papers.

I'm off to stamp some more! Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. they look great!! love that jovial paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!! Love, love, love, loooooooove love. How much do I love? TOTALLY love! :) That deer and those papers and your touch make me so delightfully and whole-heartedly happy. YAY!! :)

    Wonderful card(s). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a fabulous sketch for using up those bits of paper that are just too pretty to throw away ... and I love those sweet little scarves ... so glad you joined our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cards have such fun, happy feels to them and I think it is great that you demonstrated how the design and central element works with two different manufacturer's papers. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards - I think the cute deer in the backing paper of the first are just lovely. The second card is my favourite - I love the colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I love your papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooooooooooh! how ***KYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUTE*** are those little reindeer dudes??!?! (hint: they are totally ADORABLE!) and yes indeedy that is the perrrrrfect sketch! plus scraps & flowers & BG xmas papers are absolutely ALWAYS a good choice, and exponentially moreso when all of the above come together!

    ps: seeing as how this is a PRIZE week, and you have made TWO cards, you should link up a second time!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loveeeeeeeeee these! I loveeeeeeeeee the little reindeer! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great reindeer! I adore the paper ranges you used here so these are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)