Thursday, May 26, 2011

Moxie Fab World: Tuesday Trigger - Pyrex

When I saw this week's Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger:

the creative gears started to immediately churn. I saw birds, I saw bright colors that I probably have, I saw layers, and I saw this*:

I know YOU can't see that because I took a really bad photograph of the car in front of me while I was stopped at a red light and I used my low-res camera out of a dirty windshield just before I started moving, and that's as big as it gets, but see that shape? When I saw it I thought it would make a cool layered piece for a card. Unfortunately, I only remembered the top part, and not the oval part, because this is what came out of my first pass at this challenge:

First pass? Oh, yes! I sure hope to find the time to make something else, since I think this looks like a wedding cake! Ugh. And I don't know what it is about these colors, but I'm loving the combination!

The stamps are from two A Muse Studio sets (On the Wing, Sushi & Wasabi), the dies used are Nestabilities, and everything else is SU.

(time passes... ... ... )

WAIT! Another card has been created! Look:

I like this one MUCH better. MUCH. Same stamps, but I changed the colors from Poppy & Daffodil Delight to Poppy and Perfect Peach Parfait. The circle strip thingies are a MFT Die-Namics die, and the bird layer is a die from Scrap-Mart. Yes, I like this one way more better. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

* I finally found the source of that bumper sticker, but there is no image of it. It's from Great Country Farms in Louden County, VA. I know YOU don't care, but it took me an hour to find it. They have great marketing, including those bumper stickers.

4 comments:

  1. These are too cute! Love those little birdies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them both! The sentiment with the birds apart from one another...sniff...just lovely.
    I can definitely see why you think the first looks like a wedding cake - but I don't think I would have seen that if you hadn't said it ;)
    What a pain that there was no image of the bumper sticker - all that time, and no picture? At least you found it. That would have driven me NUTS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Leslie! What sweet approaches to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)