Saturday, May 14, 2011

More Ornate Blossom Kissing (Rated G)

Back in March I posted this card:

Several of The Ladies said they'd love to make it, so this month is it - we'll make it! But that River Rock ribbon is retired, and I wanted to try a different, more spring-y color combination, so today I played hooky from the market - yes, already, but it's rainy out - and I played.

First up we have Baja Breeze + Soft Suede:

And no, Dana, I do NOT think Soft Suede looks like p00p.

Next is Marina Mist + Early Espresso:

A bit brighter, but I wasn't feeling the love.

Next up - Blushing Bride + Soft Suede:

Meh. Plus: IT IS PINK! GAH!

Next I tried Daffodil Delight + Poppy Parade:

BRIGHT! Yep, I achieved bright, but I already have two cards with orange and pink and and bright, and I don't want to send anyone running for the hills, so this one wouldn't work, either.

I finally went back to my original River Rock + Poppy Parade, which is very muted and very "me". I stamped it on Very Vanilla:

Then on white:

And so you can see that there really IS a difference between the two:

I went with the white. I still had the issue of ribbon, so I tried the 3/8" twill we still sell and this is the result:

Not bad. I might give The Ladies the option of using vanilla seam binding instead of the twill, though I do have a few miles of this twill ...

Oh, and Dana just told me she really likes Peach Parfait + Pacific Point (try saying that without spitting) and Daffodil Delight + Bermuda Bay. I'll try those another day. Thanks, Dana!

Okay, now that I have project #4 for tomorrow and it's not even midnight yet, I might even make up my kits early so I can play later.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Holy CCCCCCCCC*******

    I LOVE the Marina Mist and the poppy/daffodil!!

    WOW

    Thanks for experimenting for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THEY ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!!!! Make them all up!!! LOVE THEM!! CASEing for my next workshop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love seeing all the different color combos. Maybe someday I'll even buy that giant artichoke stamp. :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)