Friday, January 9, 2015

Another Happy Birthday

My Fancy Pants True Friend papers were still out on my desk, and when I spied the current Freshly Made Sketches sketch


 I used those papers to make this:


Yeah, I chose poorly with that backdrop for the photo studio. No contrast. Sigh.

I chose three papers, trimmed them down, layered them, and added a piece of fun foam to the back. Then I poked a hole in the center and used one of my I CANNOT GIVE THESE AWAY brads from my SU Demo days. The blue and orange on the brad were a perfect match for the papers.

The sentiment was stamped with my now-open MFT Kraft pigment ink and clear-embossed. See:


I layered the white panel onto a Hero Arts Wet Cement card base. Done.

My stack of birthday cards is growing, and that makes me happy. That's also one more challenge done. I'll bet that Joy person is already working on her challenges. I must. keep. up.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: SU brad, vat of clear embossing powder, and the following:



5 comments:

  1. Great paper choices Leslie, nice take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this CAS design Leslie! Great take on the sketch! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty mix of pattern and color! Thanks for sharing it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely card! Love the colours and mix of papers! The white background shows off those patterns so nicely! Love the embossed sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's some happening embossing there, for sure. Quick and easy (?) sketch, looks like it anyway. What's the story on the brads?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)