Thursday, January 8, 2015

Another Hello

The current challenge at Little Tangles is Hello:


I pulled out my long-neglected Diamonds stamp and made this:


I stamped the image with Versamark, heat-embossed it with clear embossing powder, then went over the image with Distress Tattered Rose and Tumbled Glass. I ended up with a slight purplish color where they overlapped.

I trimmed the white panel down, layered it onto a piece of black, and put the whole thing onto a white card base.

I next cut the Small Hello from Simon Says Stamp several times out of black card stock, and layered them.

I've use this stamp for emboss resist in the past, but that time I ironed off the embossing. I had to leave this one shiny since my iron is still packed ... somewhere.

While the stamp was out, I went ahead with another idea, but failed in the execution. My idea worked out fine, but I used a Love die instead of Hello. Lookie:


I inked up the stamp with Hero Arts Soft Vanilla and Soft Pool and stamped it. There's a bit of green where the colors overlap. I die-cut the Love word out of the panel, and cut it a few more times out of white.

I layered the stamped panel onto a piece of mystery blue Bazzill textured card stock, then put one of the white words in the opening. I added in the innards pieces in the L, O and E, then layered on a few more white, and finally the die-cut piece with the stamping on it. This gave me a raised word that perfectly matches the stamped image:


I thought it still needed something, so I added a few die-cut hearts from my little bowl of miscellaneous die cuts.

While I like how this turned out, it's not a Hello card, so I'm just entering the first one in the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Neat & Tangled Diamonds background stamp (on this page), vat of clear embossing powder, SU Basic Black card stock, mystery blue Bazzill card stock, and the following:



3 comments:

  1. And the pink sneaks into your cards...I am watching...Love both cards...I wonder how the love would look layered in pink under the inked portion...just musing outloud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done. I don't think I quite followed you how you got the stamping lined up, but I'm sure it was fiddly.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)