Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Make A Wish

In my continuing effort to get back into the swing of doing regular challenges, while at the same time fleshing out my stash of birthday cards, I made this:


I managed to squeeze three challenge into this one. First, the sketch is from The Sweetest Thing with the current Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge:


I was also influenced by the current Use Your Stuff challenge to use floral papers, and the current Cards In Envy challenge to include banners.

I started with my MME Milo papers and chose a few patterns I thought would work with the sketch, making sure to feature the floral piece. I'm telling you: these matchy-matchy papers are the bomb!

I had the whole card assembled before I realized I had no sentiment. There's me backing myself into a corner again. But you know what? I pulled it out by just adding a small white circle in which I stamped a trusty small Hero Arts sentiment.

That's one more for the birthday pile - go me. :) And yes, I've branched out and added a few more challenges to my list of challenges I might do each week. I plan to stay busy this year!

Thanks for stopping by!

ETA: This card was selected as a personal favorite at Cards In Envy:




9 comments:

  1. Great card! How did I miss that paper pack. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colors! So pretty thanks for joining us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the soft colors of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colors and layout. Love the banners! Thank you for joining us at cards in envy ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and how you placed the banners! Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It worked, love how the sentiment stands out against all the lovely color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The soft, pretty colors are so refreshing this time of year! Thanks for playing along with us at Cards in Envy, Leslie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my faves! Love the softness of the colors and DP you used. Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the colors on the card!! cute!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)