Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pushing My Luck

When I saw the current challenge over at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers was Snarker's Choice (to pick any previous challenge), I knew immediately what I'd do. I may still be sad I missed the Brad challenge, if only for the graphic they used:



See why I needed to play? And now I can!!!!

Here's my card, then I'll explain:



I used papers from my Basic Grey Out of Print 6x6 pad, and the only really tough decision was having to use that (gah) pink strip to break up all the busy.

The sentiment was discovered in my UFO pile, and I'm not sure from whence it came. I just cut it out with a circle die, layered it on an existing black circle that was taking up space on my desk, and slapped it onto the card.

The only problem was I put that onto the card base before I added the brads. DOH! I had to hack off the card front from the back, add the brads at the top of the black panel, then attach the old front to a new card base.


I followed the current Sketch For You To Try:


I'm so happy I got that out of my system. :)

Off to link up!

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. Fab take on the sketch and perfect for our Brads and Buttons challenge!!
    UGH how many times have I done that...attached the card front only to realize I wanted to add something else and totally POOCH the card base...UGH!!
    Thanks for playing along with the sisterhood and helping us celebrate our first blogiversary / birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love my Out of Print paper pack. This card has inspired me to get it out and CASE this sketch. I will happily add pink to my card, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, L. Cool combos of prints. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the combination of papers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I'm not the only who puts the whole card together and then remembers the brads. Love the card, love the papers. I'm not willing to slice into mine just yet. A few more years maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH how I LOVE this sentiment!!!!!! and hilarious challenge...I've got to ck that site out! Thanks for stopping by my Shop your Stash post, too. Your comment made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one perfect sentiment! Me also on remembering (or deciding on) the brads AFTER I've put the card together. Beautiful use of the papers, too. I have just a few tiny scraps of that pad left! P.S. love the new blog banner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.P.S. Thanks for joining the anniversary fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a recurring theme, apparently, as I've also put a card together, only after realizing I needed to add brads to it! This card is awesome! Love the papers you used, even the (GAH) pink, and that sentiment just SPEAKS to me!! Thanks for celebrating our anniversary at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. its not pink its pale distressed red! love the sentiment, and the brad thing...just snip those tails off and stick a gluedot inside.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HA! I love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Reverse Confetti's SFYTT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job, we couldn't agree on which Brad was better. LOL Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers anniversary challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! I like the sentiment with the sweet papers. This graphic caused quite the debate among the sisters: this brad, that brad, no brad! Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh the dreaded "damn I already attached it to the card base"! I feel that pain. lol! I love the sentiment, and I adored that Out of Print paper...I want more :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have had those "crap I have finished the card and forgot the stash item" days. I have even attached the card to the base upside down, had to cut it off and get a new base. Anyway awesome card, great take on the sketch, thanks for playing along with us at SoSS for the Snarker's choice challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)