Sunday, January 11, 2015

Make A Wish

I visited my pal Joy yesterday at her crop, and I'm happy to report she was slacking at the challenge cards. She made a ton of cards, but only one or two for challenges, so there's hope I might keep up with her.

Here's a card I made late last week:


The layout follows the current Stamplorations sketch challenge:


I will confess that the card you see is my third or fourth attempt. I have a ton of not-so-pretty trash. I'd finish one, then grunt and toss it. I think this one works since it's more simple than my other attempts. By this point I was determined to make the card ... I mean look at that sketch! So simple, right?

What you see is one piece of paper from my MME Necessities Teal 6x6 paper pack. The two patterns are opposite sides of the same piece of paper. I love it when that happens. At first I thought I shouldn't use polka dots for both pieces, but I think the opposite colors and the difference in the dots' sizes let it work. The solid paper on the sides is from the same pack.

For the sentiment, I used my Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink and clear-embossed it. For the bling, I pulled pieces from the tiny bowl in which I keep all my extra die-cut pieces like hearts and stars. I love that the blue "goes" and the red and yellow provide a little pop of color.

I need to learn to stop trying so hard and just keep things simple. I think that works better for me.

I hope to tackle a few more challenges today, so I'll be back if any of them actually turn out to be blog-worthy.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: vat of clear embossing powder, miscellaneous hearts and stars, and the following:



5 comments:

  1. Love this card, and that sketch looks like fun to play with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card, and I am a definite sucker for polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when paper coordinates like this so well... of course this was from the same piece, some pad, but the fact that you paired it up is awesome. Great card, but did it really take a vat of clear EP for the greeting?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet use of the sketch - Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still slacking at the challenge cards. Thanks for reminding me that I have that paper pad around here somewhere!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)