Saturday, January 17, 2015

Using Small Stamps, Redux

I wasn't going to post this card since I fell out of love with it, but I did spend a bit of time making it, so in my mind it's blog-worthy, though maybe not my best work.

See:


When I first saw the ABNH challenge:


I pulled out a bunch of small stars from a few sets. I thought it would be fun to die-cut a large star from the front panel, then stamp all the tiny stars as the background. I chose primary colors, so this would work pretty easily for a guy/boy card.

After I finished it, I saw the usual WTH schmear and had to disguise it with carefully-placed star sequins.

I guess it's an okay card, but I fell out of love with it. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Okay, NOW I'm done with challenge cards for today. Back to your regular programming.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: misc star sequins, and the following:




4 comments:

  1. What I say about cards I don't like: technically it's sound. It's a sound card but definitely lacking something. Not sequins though, it has that and I like that touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that was patterned paper at first! Fun stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thinks is a fun bright card, perfect for a younger boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! Nice combo colors and funny way of using you dies. Thanks for joining the challenge at A Blog Named Hero. Isabel

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)