Thursday, January 8, 2015

Happy Birthday, Redux

This is actually the first card I made following the current CAS(E) This Sketch challenge:


Obviously the CAS part of the challenge left my brain, and I selected a busy floral paper and a busy sentiment to go with it.

Here's the sketch & card side-by-each so you can maybe try to see the sketch in my card:


Ah, well, at least I used a piece of busy floral paper, and the sentiment was stamped last weekend at a friend's house, and now it's off my desk. I'm grateful for the little things.

I also broke out my trust MS butterfly punch. Yes, I'm quite proud.

The paper pack comes with a matching grey paper, but I tend to hoard those since there are so few in the pack. Instead I used some Hero Arts Wet Cement layering papers. It's a nice warm grey and worked perfectly with this paper.

And no, that paper is not pink, it's orange, like a dark salmon. I like this paper pack because of the blue & green & orange. There is no pink! It looks dangerously close in these photos, but trust me, it's orange.

I think this cold weather has affected my brain. I need to lie down for a bit.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: MS butterfly punch, SU mini glue dots, and the following:









3 comments:

  1. A nice card. Great papers and thank goodness they aren't pink. And woo hoo for old trusty punches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, some people do say that salmon is a shade of pink... I love that sentiment ontop of the floral paper. It works!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)