Thursday, January 8, 2015

Glittery Happy Birthday

Here's another card I made during my recent crafty weekend:


There are a few things about this card I feel the need to explain. First, it was totally made with the recipient in mind. She loves pink and she loves sparkle. :)

Second, it's larger than an A2 card, since the die-cut panel is A2-size, and I still wanted to mat it.

Third, this was an experiment to make me use my SU Shaker Frames, which are pre-cut sticky circles. I saw an opportunity to try them after owning them for years, and while I have largely broken up with shaker cards, my friends make them, so if I needed help, they were there to save me.

Since the shaker frames were circles, I chose a die panel with circles in it, then started to apply the various-sized circles to the back of the die-cut card front. Here's what it looked like:


I put the sticky circles around a few of the openings. To do this in a few spots I needed to replace a few of the white circles. This will make more sense when you see the card front post-assembly. I filled the rest of the back with pieces of foam tape two layers thick.

I dumped a bit of MS hearts & stars glitter into the sticky rings and added a second layer of acetate to hold it all in place. I suppose I could have just added the paper layer instead of a second piece of acetate, but I was in a Make It Hard frame of mind.

Here you can see a few of the shaker pieces, and also some of the filled-in circles that hide the larger sticky frames underneath. 


You can also see the Wink of Stella on the die-cut words. I told you my pal likes sparkle. :)  Because of the black words, I added a black layer under the front panel and put the whole thing on a larger-than-A2 base.

Next time, if there is a next time, I'd replace the white circles in the card front all the way around the edges and put strips of foam tape on all four sides for a smoother, less-fussy, adhesion to the base. (adhesion ... I crack myself up)

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: SU Shaker Frames, SU Basic Black card stock, acetate sheets, and the following:



3 comments:

  1. I love it! The glittery shaker parts are wonderful. The whole card is so pretty. I had no idea SU made circle foam shaker thingies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really caught my eye, the layering of circles and lines and sparkles really make for an eye catcher of a card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this Swiss cheese card yesterday. I love it! Very work intensive but it all came out fabulously and I'm sure your friend was tickled. It is very awesome! And a great way to use those circle things from SU.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)