Friday, January 30, 2015

Just Playing

Here's what I think is the last card from my crafty day a few weeks ago. This whole card was just me playing with a new die and some unopened washi paper.

Here's my card, then I'll explain:


I started with my still-not-used Frantic Stamper Proud Peacock die. I die-cut it out of a pretty sheet of washi paper from We R Memory Keepers.

I carefully peeled the washi paper from the die and stuck it to a piece of white card stock. The body was cut from a piece of DCWV Shimmer paper. I added the eye with my black glaze pen.

The blue layer was a circle I die-cut and trimmed to fit in the bottom right corner. The handsome flags sticking out are pieces of the washi tape sheet I used for the peacock feathers. The sentiment is from WPlus9 Quite Like You.


I was following the then-current Retro Sketch:


which I turned upside down:


Before I made this, my pal cut the peacock feathers out of white card stock that had been distressed with several colors of ink. I liked that look, so I'll probably try it myself before I file this die.

I have several pages of undone challenges that I hope to give some attention this weekend, so I'll be back soon. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Leslie, I'll let you be the crooked stamper and I'll just be the crooked card maker! LOL!
    LOVE your peacock. That washi is really, really pretty too. Great take on the sketch!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty die, love the washi treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day-am! I had this sketch up on my laptop yesterday, ready to play along, then decided that maybe I should make my SOS card instead. LOL! THIS IS STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ERMAGERD! What a genius idea to make a peacock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quite like this card. A Lot. Fun stuff. Washi paper, eh? I'm not caring. La La La. That's me not caring.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)