Saturday, January 10, 2015

GAH!!!!!!

At first I loved the idea of dueling challenges with my pal Joy, but now I'm not so sure. You see, she suggested we play the current Mojo Monday challenge:


which was fine with me, but then she threw me a curve and challenged me to use pink. Yes, (gah) PINK! I think it's a conspiracy, and I do not like it, Sam I Am!!! *stomps foot*

On a brighter note, I'm almost done with my Basic Grey True Love 6x6 paper pack, so there's that.

Here's my card, then I'll explain:


I took two partial pieces of paper and used them up. I liked that the top pink layer had a design on it and makes it look like I tried harder than I really did. These pieces were too large for a standard A2 card base, so I went with 5x7. And no, I couldn't really cut down that top piece, or the design wouldn't look right. I think my pal Marianne would be very proud of me for stepping outside my standard A2 card size. :)

To break up all that (gah) pink, I used a piece of green from the pack for under the sentiment. Maybe I should have used a sentiment with a more frou-frou font, but this one fit. By now most of you know I tend to stamp without a net, also known as backing myself into corners. I had to use what fit on that white circle, and this set was it. I tried to bling it up a little with some Stampendous sparklers.

As an added bonus, I had A Moment while looking for just the right green for the card base. Way back in 2002 or 2003, during my stamping infancy, I was on the hunt for sage green card stock. I hit up just about every scrapbooking store in town, and just could not find what I was looking for. Finally a co-worker mentioned she was an SU Demo and they had a Sage card stock. That was the beginning of the end for me. So I'm kinda happy that my hoarded Sage Shadow worked on this card. :)

The frilly ribbon is from my pal Lauren. This time I stre-e-e-tched it across the card front to see if it stayed as straight as the line of permanent tape I used. It sorta worked.

Now I need to go make something green, or blue, or orange. Ugh.

Don't forget to stop by Joy's blog to see what she made!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: My beloved SU Sage Shadow card stock, Crate Paper Trims - Peppermint Collection, Stampendous Class A Peel stickers - Dot Sparklers Pink, and the following:




7 comments:

  1. Love it! You are a good sport! And you even used ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GAH! Considering your *dislike* of pink....this is a fab card! Great take on the sketch and duelling challenges! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rocked all that (gah) pink!!! I didn't realize that was a color :) The stuff you learn. There is nothing worse than an over achiever for a friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like pink.....in small doses.....grin. I think you did a perfect job of using it AND the MOJO challenge sketch to make your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like pink and I like razzing you everytime you use it! But, I will refrain this time. Perfect paper combinations, and see hoarding is useful. (what do those tv people know!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is just so beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! All that pink and frou-frou! You didn't twitch an eyeball right out of your head, did you?!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)