Tuesday, January 6, 2015

SOS #183: Happy NEW Year

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. Since this is our first challenge of 2015, we'd like you to use something new. New stuff is still stash, right? We challenge you to USE it.

For my card I chose to use a new Hero Arts background stamp to make this:


I heat-embossed the Hero Arts Waves background on white card stock using Versamark and white embossing powder. I then shaded it with three different colors of  Distress ink.

The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp, and I die-cut it out of black three times so I could stack them. They are held together, and to the card front, with MS gel glue. That stuff is awesome.

I made a second card, too:


Same thing, just different ink colors. I love how easy it is to do this technique with any background stamp.

So, got new stuff? Why not break it out and play along with us this week at SOS?

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: SU Basic Black card stock, and the following:




12 comments:

  1. The colors on those backgrounds are delightful.It really makes the black die cut pop. I hadn't seen that stamp before, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooooooooooh and AHHHHHHHHHH, even!!! that is a GREAT technique, generally, and you have rocked it quite specifically... times TWO!!! love these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I really like that first card. The colors on the second one don't send me to the moon, but it ain't too shabby! And yes, new is stash... or it will soon be part of the stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhh that is a fantastic background stamp! And I love the ombre effect in the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color degradation! Very nice!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous!!! love the shading on both cards. great technique and awesome bg stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them both! I may need to borrow that background from you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A new HA background stamp! Ahhh. I haven't seen that. Love it and your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the colours on these - absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really pretty! That is a gorgeous background stamp

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ermagerd! Your cards look amazing! Love the ombre effect and the stacked thanks die in black really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so pretty love the colors you used on each card.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)