Sunday, January 4, 2015

Main Squeeze

One of the challenges on my list to play this past crafty weekend was the current Art Impressions challenge to use something new:


I borrowed my friend's new-to-her AI Hugs set, and got to work. Here's my card, then I'll explain:


The set comes with the whole image of the lady, a smaller image of just the top part including her arms, and a sentiment. I stamped both of the lady images onto white card stock and colored them with Copics.

Since we all know I don't like to color large areas, I stamped the images again onto a piece of patterned paper. After I fussy-cut all the tiny pieces, I realized I'd chosen poorly, as the colors were too muted. The whole thing was screaming for more bold colors, so I listened.

I re-colored her hair, which started out as my standard boring E71 Champagne for brown hair, but I upped it to a red-brown with E08. I then colored over my fussy-cut pale pink patterned paper with RV09, the better to see it pop. I used the same color on her shoes.

For the top part (the smaller image), I also fussy-cut the whole image, because the point of this set is to have that smaller piece on a wobble thing. (The set even comes with one wobble - sweet.) I trimmed the wobble down to fit, and put the images together.

Here you can see them stacked and sitting still:


And you can see why I needed to color and paper-piece both layers. You can also almost see that I glittered her earring. That's the same color as her shirt, but the shirt started out as a pale pink patterned paper, where the earring was colored directly onto the white card stock. It's all so very complicated.

Here she is again, in motion:


Yes, it's blurry, but only the top part. Below her arms it's not moving. Sorry for the vertigo. And yes, I did color the edge of the top piece with my black marker, but maybe not as well as I could have.

I used a piece of dark grey patterned paper for a layer between the white panel and the card base.

I think she's pretty sassy, which means if she were real, she'd probably be my friend. Although I wouldn't be caught dead in that outfit, or that color, or those shoes. I'd probably still be her friend, though. :)

Thanks for stopping by!






6 comments:

  1. What a cute card. I love the wobbly bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card! The wobbly bit is nifty. I agree on the outfit--those heels! EEK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!!! Love your card, Leslie! Thanks so much for joining us at Art Impressions "What's New" Challenge!!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that wobbler, and that you got an action photo...pretty slick. I was going to mention all that ...but I won't!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your card and that is one of my favorite images. Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions for our current challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)