Thursday, January 8, 2015

Hello

For my next challenge, I opened my new-to-me Fancy Pants True Friend paper pack, and made this:


I followed the current CAS(E) This Sketch! sketch:


There is a nice blend of old and new here. The Fancy Pants papers are new, but the die-cut I used is very old. It's the Memory Box Lisette Buckle, and it was the perfect size for this panel. All my doily dies were too big, and I remembered I had a buckle section. I do! I actually cut the sentiment banner to fit the buckle part so I could weave it through, but then I covered it up with a button.

Since I stamp without a net, once I had the banner ready, I went looking for a small sentiment to fit. I'm working on a new index for all my sentiment stamps*. Not so much the sets that are all sentiments, but sets like the critter sets that have some sentiments in them. I can never remember which ones have which sentiments, and since I don't store the critters with the sentiments, they get forgotten, or I just get frustrated when I can't find something I know I have ... somewhere. I'll share more on that index project once it's a little further along.

For this card I looked through my index, and once I was satisfied what I wanted was not in a critter set, I rifled through my sentiment sets until I found the small hello in a Paper Smooches set. It was perfect. I stamped it in Hero Arts Brown Bark and trimmed the banner to fit.

This card was pretty flat before I felt the need to add that button, but the white circle showing in the center of that blue-green buckle bugged me, and the button made me happy. And it's all about me being happy, right? :D

Thanks for stopping by!

* Many years ago, in my SU Demo days, I made a sentiment index to keep track of things. Once I started selling off all my SU stamps, the book became useless, though it was very cute. I still have it somewhere. But it's time for a new index with my current stamp stash. I promise to share once it's taken better form. 

Stuff I used: misc brown button, SU mini glue dots, blue-green textured paper remnant, and the following:



8 comments:

  1. When you come up with a way to keep track of sentiments that are in sets (but not break up the set). You let me know, K? Great card and brilliant use of the buckle die. I used to have it but rarely used it because I lacked the brilliance you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya that is frustrating knowing you have something but not locating it when you need it. Nicely put together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are happy! Is that a little pink I see?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card - I'll be interested to hear more of your index system.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card.. Simple yet elegant..!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I really like that patterned paper! Perfect take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Leslie!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this sketch!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)