Sunday, January 11, 2015

Beary Happy Birthday

When I saw the current challenge at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers:


W is for WOW It's Cold, I knew exactly what I'd make. Unless you're in Australia or Chile right now, it's pretty frigid in most of the world these days, so I was all over this one.

At my recent crafty weekend, I stamped a bunch of bears from the MFT BB Cool Day set, and they were perfect for me to make this:


Please notice that I colored his sweater. That's because I don't have the stamp, and I can't stamp onto patterned paper. I tried to trace the sweater onto paper by holding it up to the light, and I thought I could pull it off, when I remembered I have a light box. I DO! So I was on a mission to find the packing box with the light box in it. I found the light box, and it even turned on, but the batteries are so old (how old are they?) that there was more light available if I held the paper up to a window than there was from the light box. I suppose I should be grateful the batteries hadn't leaked in all these years. And do you know what? I don't have any C batteries. #FAIL

So that's why I colored the sweater and mug. To make up for all the streaks, I went over the sweater with my colorless blender to make it look like dots. Well, I tried to, anyway.


Hopefully it at least it distracts you from the not-so-great coloring job.

Before I added the bear to the white panel, I remembered the current Just Us Girls challenge:


and I applied white embossing paste through my Simon Says Stamp Falling Snow stencil to make him look even colder.

The weird color on the edge of the ice floe is the result of me starting with B000, then realizing it didn't go with the blue-green sweater, so I went over it with a C0 marker, several times. I'm fairly certain that color doesn't exist in nature.

The sweater and mug colors were chosen based on the current Paper Players color challenge:


but I was so focused on coloring the sweater that I forgot the Sahara Sand color, so #FAIL2. I'll try again.

Thanks for stopping by!




13 comments:

  1. This little guy just makes me smile. And I love the stenciled snowflakes. Really cute card, thanks for playing along with us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card. I love that snow stencil. So glad this fellow has a cup of HOT CHOCOLATE to warm him up. Thanks for joining in on our STENCIL challenge at Just us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny...I love this card, that bear is awesome. Love the dots on the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I do that, too... stamp images at a friend's place, then really really wish I'd thought to stamp on patterned paper too. I think your colouring looks just fine! And I love the CAS design. :) Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. he he he I LOVE a bear in a sweater and toque!! I hope that's hot chocolate that he's drinking!
    Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for our "W is for WOW it's cold" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute card and adorable image, Your to hard on your self the coloring is great! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls this week we sure do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You invented a new color? How awesome! This is one chilly bear for sure. He's looking good though and I give you a gold star for your coloring job (inside the lines even!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kudos to you for inventing a new color! (now try to make it again - I double dog dare ya! LOL!) And OMG! YOU COLORED THE SWEATER!!! You go girl! This card is all kinds of awesome! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! And also at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a Canadian bear!!! super cute bear and super cute card. thanks for playing along with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for the W is for WOW it's cold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you hate it when you spend more time running around, looking for stuff and then not being able to use it? Anyhoo, your bear is very cute in his subtly polka dotted sweater. Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Colour inventing and (how old are they?) made me snort, lol! This is beary adorable (oh god, I just threw up a little in my mouth)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks cute even if you had to *gasp* color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)